Louis W. Miller, 95, of St. Paul died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Brookefield Park in St. Paul.
Memorial services will be at 7 p.m. Saturday at Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church in St. Paul. The Rev. Ray Kosmicki will officiate. Inurnment will be in the St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery in Elba.
Peters Funeral Home of St. Paul is in charge of the arrangements.
Mr. Miller was born on May 14, 1919, at Elba, the son of Joseph and Catherine (Duester) Miller.
He was united in marriage to Betty Ann Coleman on Aug. 17, 1964, at Grand Island. She preceded him in death on April 11, 2012.
He is survived by one daughter, Melany Cooper of Grand Island; two sons and one daughter-in-law, Jon Miller of Grand Island and James and Kristine Miller of LaVista; two brothers and one sister-in-law, Richard Miller of St. Paul and Bernard and Cletus Miller of Grand Island.
He also leaves to cherish his memory, 10 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Louis was baptized and confirmed at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Elba and attended Howard County District No. 54 rural school. He grew up on the family farm near Elba and as a young man he farmed with his father and brothers.
He later worked for Chief Industries in Grand Island for 20 years until he was forced to retire for health reasons.
After he and Betty were married they moved to St. Paul. Louis painted, hauled trash and mowed lawns for many people. He also delivered newspapers for many years.
In 2007, the couple moved to Riverside Lodge in Grand Island, where he continued to live after Betty's death. He recently returned to St. Paul to reside at Brookefield Park.
Louis was a member of Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church and Knights of Columbus Council No. 1918, both of St. Paul.
He enjoyed polka music, playing accordion, walking, butterscotch candy, Cubs baseball, fishing and anything that involved his family.
In addition to his wife, Betty, he was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Roman and Edmund Miller; sister, Catherine Miller and an infant sister.
Memorials are suggested to Sts. Peter & Paul Parish Hall Fund.